We Love Cooking! + TIME

:: ABOUT

About the Blog
The Good Mood Food Blog started in 2007 after I moved in to my first apartment. I've always had an interest in photography so when I bought my lovely camera, I thought it was finally time to start documenting some dishes I was cooking and with that the blog was born! Most of the recipes on the blog try to include as many healthy ingredients as possible. I'm a big believer in the power of food and it's affects on our lives. I hope you enjoy the recipes and the bit of banter that goes with them.

About Me
Hey I'm Donal I come from Dublin. I grew up in family obsessed with food and drink which made it pretty hard not to have an interest. I love trying out new recipe's, adapting old ones, and tasting new things. I also have a serious addiction to cookbooks! But there's nothing wrong with that, right?


About the Book

I have recently finished writing my first cook book which is due for release Oct 09' with Mercier Press. The book is called "Good Mood Food" and is full of healthy home cooking.

Good Mood Food is a cookbook that aims to change your attitude to food, offering a delicious range of simple, healthy home-cooked recipes. Good Mood Food features mouth-watering recipes like Broad Bean, Pancetta and Pea Shoot Salad, Cookies and Cream Chocolate Chip Oreo Cupcakes, Blueberry and Banana Muffins, and a tasty Aromatic Duck Salad.

"Good Mood Food is a new breed of cookbook that springs from the talent of a passionate home cook. A truly scrumptious read."
Ross Golden-Bannon
The Sunday Business Post and Food & Wine Magazine.

“At last... Simple, easy recipes that are healthy and interesting. Donal Skehan's book reclaims good food from the convenience of supermarket shelves and puts it back where it belongs - in the domestic kitchen.”
Paolo Tullio
The Resturant

Buy Book via Mercier Press
Buy Book via Easons
Buy Book via Amazon
Buy Book via Play.com

About the Photos
All the photo's featured on the blog are taken with my handy dandy Canon 400D camera which has seen me through the last few years. The food is all home cooked and barely tweaked before being shot.

Press for the blog and book
Irish Independent Weekend Magazine "My First"- Richie Taylor
Irish Independent "The Guilty Gourmets"- Declan Cashin
Irish Tatler "Food For Thought"- Ciara McDonnell

Sunday Independent "Why You Should Know About Donal Skehan"- Julia Molony

cake, Cookies, Food, Healthy, life, and more:

:: ABOUT + TIME