We Love Cooking! + recipe

:: Oregano Lamb Chops and Carrot and Cabbage Salad

Now generally I am a Chicken and fish fan so this dish mostly came about because my girlfriend gently suggested that I should cook something other than chicken tonight! Not one to dissappoint I head to the butchers with this in mind and picked out some lamb chops. Ok I know carrot and cabbage mixed together is coleslaw but there's something off putting about coleslaw which make my mind conjure up images of soggy cabbage drenched in watery cheap mayonnaise. Ew! So that why I'm sticking with carrot and cabbage salad!

Oregano Lamb Chops

  • 4 good quality lamb chops
  • 3 cloves of garlic chopped finely
  • 3 tablespoon of olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon of good quality balsamic vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
  • A good pinch of sea salt and ground pepper

Put the lamb chops in a ziploc food bag and add the chopped garlic plus the rest of the ingredients to the bag. Zip Lock the bag then shake so that the mixture completely coats all the lamb. Then put the bag in the fridge to marinate, while you prepare the salad. It's like sooo easy!

Simple Carrot and Cabbage Salad

The salad is just as easy. You will need:

  • 1/4 of white cabbage
  • 1 Large carrot
  • 1 tablespoon of homemade mayonaisse
  • A good pinch of Sea Salt and Ground Pepper.

Peel the carrot and slice into thin strips and place in a large bowl. Then chop the cabbage finely and seperate into pieces. Add the cabbage, mayo, salt, pepper and mix it all up! Put the salad mix in the fridge.

I normally cook this for just my self and my girlfriend so I take two of the chops out of the marinade bag, reseal it and freeze. I find that when the meat is defrosted in the marinade it makes it very tender. So anyway take the lamb chops out of the fridge and place on a hot grill and cook till brown on both sides (about 5 mintues either side). Take the carrot and cabbage salad out of the fridge and put a portion on a plate and place a golden brown chop ontop!

Enjoy!

cabbage, carrot, cooking, Food, garlic, ingredients, lamb, nutrion, and more:

:: Oregano Lamb Chops and Carrot and Cabbage Salad + recipe