We Love Cooking! + TIME

:: CAJUN SALMON WITH ASIAN GREENS

Is it me or has it been a little quiet around here recently? I think I've only just gotten back into the swing of cooking again after my little break. Sofie and I finally made the journey up to IKEA in Belfast over the weekend to get all those essential apartment items after nearly a year. We have been threatening to make the trip, since it opened in December, but it just kept getting put off- but we did it in style and spent a whopping eight hours in the store as if to make up for it!

I know that's a bit mad but we did like 4 sweeps of the place and missed out on very little. I love the kitchen stuff in IKEA, and my favourite thing we got on our shopping trip was this cool little kitchen trolley thing which doubles up as both a storage unit and a work top! I particularly like this because now I can perform a mini cookery show when we have guests over! :) (Pictures coming soon!)

On to the food! I cooked this dish over the weekend as a bit of an experiment and thankfully no plates were left empty so I'm taking thath to be a good sign.

Cajun Salmon and Asian Greens (Serves 2)
For Salmon:
2 Organic Salmon Fillets
1 tsp. white pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. black pepper

For Asian Greens:
Selection of veg diced (Broccoli, Carrot, Asparagus, Red Pepper)
2 Tablespoons of Rice Wine Vinegar
1 Tablespoon of Nam Pla (Fish Sauce)
1 Teaspoon of Sesame Oil
A pinch of salt

In a large bowl combine the Rice Wine Vinegar, Nam Pla, Sesame Oil and salt, then add the diced veg and mix through. Cover and set aside in the fridge.

Mix the spices for the salmon together. Place the salmon fillets skin side down on a grill plate and sprinkle with the seasoning. Place under a hot grill for approx 7-8 mins.

While the Salmon is under the grill, in a hot frying pan stir fry the diced veg mix until soft.

The Salmon should be cooked by this time, if your worried it isn't cooked through, poke a knife into the centre of the flesh and check if it is still pink- if its is you may want to give it another minute or so under the grill.

When everything is cooked serve on a plate and enjoy!

Food, garlic, life, onion, rice, spice, and more:

:: CAJUN SALMON WITH ASIAN GREENS + TIME