We Love Cooking! + lemon

:: NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD... HERBS

A few things have been going on in the Irish blogging world since my little blogging break, and even though I might be a bit late on some of the news I thought it was high time I mentioned them here.

The biggest news of course is the release of the Murphy's Ice Cream book which is a really impressive collection of recipe's- lots of research, lots of tips and tricks, and some really great pictures! I think the lads really chose the best time to release it too, with Ireland's attempt at a summer coming thick and fast. If you want to pick up a copy you can do so through their blog IcecreamIreland.

The other food bloggie related news is that, Deb from The Humble Housewife, has moved on up to an even better and bigger blog which is located right here @ Tast.ie.
It's already full of posts so head over and take a peak!

A few months ago, I posted about my Basil plant which was thriving at the time- since then it has been through a lot- Sofie left all the windows open one very cold day and it looked very worse for wear by the time I came home and saved it! However two months later, and despite a plague of green fly and some sort of growing fungus on the stems- it is still alive and well. Which is a hell of a lot better then the rest of my herbs. The lemon balm, mint, chives and coriander all had to be re potted and moved inside after going slightly black on the edges.

The move seems to have done the trick, with all the plants thriving, except for a few stray little flies which seem to mainly hang around the mint. Anyone have any idea why? Answers on a postcard or in the comments section below. I've now planted, bay, lavender and a brand new rosemary plant in the remaining pots, so I'll just have to wait and see if they survive the balcony.

Is there anyone else out there growing a herb garden this summer? Got any tips or advice?

book, Food, herbs, and more:

:: NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD... HERBS + lemon