We Love Cooking! + spice

:: BAKED DILL AND GARLIC SALMON

Unfortunately I have gotten into a seriously bad habit of taking photo's of the food I cook and then doing nothing with them for a week or two, which means I end up forgetting what I have actually done, very irritating indeed! The good news is I have managed to recover this recipe, from the deep dark depths of my memory bank, and have also made a pact with myself to finally start writing my recipe's down. We'll just have to wait and see how that works out.

I haven't been doing any serious cooking this week as I'm doing a 3 day course in Dublin city for Adobe After Effects. And being in town has meant making my ritual stops at Aya, Cafe Mao, and Wagamama, for lunch time- I'm so glad I don't work in town, because my bank balance would be zero!

Today is my last day in the big smoke, so I'll be soaking up all the culture I can before I head back to the sticks of Ashbourne, Co. Meath to earn my daily bread. Not that I'm complaining though, I once loved the hustle and bustle of the city, but nowadays, I seem to much prefer the calmer side of life. And anyway who really enjoys the scrum with the 5 million Spanish students on Grafton St.?

Personal soul searching aside it's time for a recipe, when I made this a few weeks ago I wasn't so sure that it was going to come out the way I wanted and had set myself up for disappointment as soon as the over door was closed. But I was pleasantly surprised with the results- the baking of the salmon with the mix creates a really interesting texture to the bite, but doesn't loose any of the peppery spice from the chopped garlic.

Baked Dill and Garlic Salmon

  1. 2 large Organic Salmon Fillets.
  2. A large handful of Dill.
  3. A small handful of Basil
  4. 2 Cloves of Garlic crushed.
  5. 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil.
  6. Sea Salt
Preheat the oven to 200o C. Place the salmon fillets in a large roasting tin. I used my handheld food processor to blend the crushed garlic, dill, basil and olive oil together. Season it with Sea Salt to taste. You can adapt this mix further with the addition of parsley, or coriander for an even more herby version. Spread the mix on the salmon fillets and pop in the oven for about 12 minutes or until cooked through. I served this with some steamed asparagus and thinly sliced roast potato's.

Enjoy!

basil, dill, Food, garlic, herbs, main meal, salmon, and more:

:: BAKED DILL AND GARLIC SALMON + spice