We Love Cooking! + salad

:: Pear, Rocket, Parmesan and Pine Nut Salad

I first tried this salad as a kid, and back then I was never really convinced on the addition of pears. Even going as far as insisting on the pears having to be picked out, but then again I was a pretty, particular, little brat! I guess you could say, my palate has slightly expanded since then, and I can truly say that I now appreciate this punchy flavour combination. We had this with barbequed mackerel for dinner on Sunday and I'm not sure about the combination, but this salad really stands strong alongside whatever dish you choose to serve it with.

Rocket, Pear, Parmesan and Pine Nut Salad
Toast the pine nuts in frying pan for a minute or so until they turn a nice golden brown. Make sure to keep your eye on them as nuts cook really quickly, I can't tell you how many times I've burnt a pan of nuts and I still haven't learned my lesson!

Serves 4
120g of rocket
2 pears, peeled, cored and sliced wafer thin.
A good handful of parmesan shavings
50g of pine nuts, toasted

Dressing:
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
1 clove of garlic, minced
A good pinch of sea salt and ground black pepper

In a large salad bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.
Add the rocket and toss in the dressing until evenly coated.
Scatter the toasted pine nuts, parmesan shavings and pear slices on top of the rocket.
Serve straight away and enjoy!

cheese, dressing, garlic, nuts, parmesan, pear, rocket, and more:

:: Pear, Rocket, Parmesan and Pine Nut Salad + salad