We Love Cooking! + Food

:: My Christmas Kitchen Wishlist!

Every year for as long as I can remember I have always received at least one or two cookbooks every Christmas. I guess it's what really kept my interest in food through the years! To be honest cookbooks make great presents and on Christmas Eve I can more often than not be found in a bookshop in Dublin doing my last minute shopping! This year there are a great selection of new books out there (wink wink nudge nudge) but here are the ones on my wishlist!

Seasons By Donna Hay

From my knowledge I don't think Donna Hay has really hit the mainstream over this side of the water. But that doesn't stop my love for this Aussie cook, her photos and simple recipes have inspired me so much over the years and I absolutely love her style! This book is split into chapters based on seasonal recipes which is becoming quite common in the world of cooking.

Supper For A Song by Tamasin Day-Lewis

I wasn't a fan of Tamasin Day-Lewis at first but she is in the same vein as Nigel Slater when it comes to a good foodie read and has a beautiful ability to allow her readers to taste the food while reading! In this book she aims to create really delicious meals for even the most cost conscious cooks!

No Time To Cook by Donna Hay

Another Donna Hay book on my list. No Time To Cook is full of brilliant speedy recipes which are packed with flavour. If you haven't heard much about Donna Hay before you should check out her website which features recipes and photo's of her fab food!

Forgotten Skills Of Cooking by Darina Allen

I grew up watching Darina Allen on Irish tv, she is one of Ireland's most well known Irish cooks and runs the world famous Ballymaloe House. I have really enjoyed Darina's recent book's and am thoroughly looking forward to getting my hands on her latest collection of recipes.

Barefoot Contessa At Home by Ina Garten

Not only do I have a not so secret addiction to cookbooks I also have an addiction to TV cookery shows! Barefoot Contessa is definitely one of my favs, Ina is a really inventive cook and the queen of entertaining. Not only that I love the sequences with her hubbie Jeffrey, always make me chuckle! I am looking forward to adding an Ina Garten book to my collection as I still don't have one!

Tender by Nigel Slater

Nigel Slater is by far one of my favourite food writers, he is probably one of the only cookbook authors I actually read from start to finish. Nigel transformed his back garden into a little allotment recently and Tender is all about the produce from it. Having just grown my own vegetable garden this year, this should be a great read!

The River Cafe Classic Italian Cookbook by Rose Gray and Ruth Rodgers

I don't know why they stopped making the River Cafe tv show, but I always enjoyed it when I was younger. Maybe it's because Jamie Oliver stole the limelight when he was working there or something. Anyway this latest River Cafe book is about classic Italian cooking and having leafed through it recently it looks absolutely superb and full of brilliant recipes.

What cookbooks are on your wishlist? Tell me on twitter or leave a comment below!

christmas, cookbooks, and more:

:: My Christmas Kitchen Wishlist! + Food