We Love Cooking! + tomato

:: Broccoli, Feta, and Cherry Tomato Salad

I have a notebook full of all my great ideas for Christmas posts for the blog, which will just have to wait until next year. For those of you who don't know where I have been for the last month and a bit, I have been playing Peter Pan in the Tivoli Theatre panto! Two shows a day for over a month has meant that there has been no time for the blog unfortunately. I had my first proper day off last Monday but stayed in bed all day, but I was up with and with it today so I finally got around to some cooking!

I have been living on this salad from The Food Room in Clontarf over the last few weeks, so I thought I would recreate it here! It's really delicious and full of healthy ingredients, plus it's so easy to make!

Broccoli Feta and Cherry Tomato Salad

  1. 1 large head of broccoli, chopped into bite size pieces.
  2. 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes. (250g)
  3. 1 packet of ready chopped pancetta or bacon.
  4. 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
  5. 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
  6. A good pinch of ground black pepper.
  7. A good handful of crumbled feta cheese.
Bring a large pot of water to the boil. While the water is boiling, combine the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a serving bowl. Add the broccoli to the pot of water and blanch for 60 seconds, you should see the broccoli turn a vibrant green. Drain the broccoli pieces and run under cold water. Add the broccoli to the serving bowl and set aside.

Place a small frying pan over a high heat and fry the bacon pieces until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan, place on on some kitchen paper and allow to cool before adding to the rest of salad. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and tumble in to the bowl on top of the broccoli. Add the bacon pieces and feta cheese to the serving bowl. Gently toss all the ingredients in the dressing and season with black pepper. Serve as a tasty side dish or a really tasty lunch. You can also add walnuts or pine nuts for an extra crunch!

And I know it's a bit cheeky having not posted for a few weeks but here's a shameless plug to remind you, if you like the good mood food blog, you can nominate it for the Irish Blog Awards here!

brocolli, cherry tomatoes, feta, Food, Healthy, pancetta, salad, sidedish, and more:

:: Broccoli, Feta, and Cherry Tomato Salad + tomato