We Love Cooking! + lifestyle

:: A Plethora Of Pears and Some Weekend Cooking!

So much of cooking is born out of necessity, aimed solely to feed a hungry belly, it becomes easy to forget about those slow cooking days where pleasure and comfort can be found in simple tasks like measuring ingredients or rolling homemade pastry. With all these cosy food dreams swirling around my mind I took the time to spend some long overdue quality time in the kitchen this weekend.

I managed to get my hands on large box full of ripe, juicy pears which were begging to be devoured instantly. The benefits of having a food stylist for an aunt means there is always left over food from photo shoots, which she is desperately trying to get rid of before it spoils. I had no objections to taking this box of fruit off her though, they were used, quite nicely, if I do say so myself, in a delicious rustic pear tart for dessert, served with some cold vanilla cream. Sliced thinly the pears were a luscious addition to a large, rocket, parmesan and toasted pinenut salad, which was served in a handmade bowl by a very well known Wexford artist! Mackerel was also on the menu, more out obligation than anything else, as they've been sitting in the freezer since they were caught during a recent fishing trip a few weeks ago. Wrapped in tinfoil, barbequed and served with smoked sea salt, olive oil and a drizzle of lemon provided a light and fresh flavoured main meal.

Spending time on producing some really taste tingling dishes has me even more inspired than before I started on Saturday morning. I'll post the recipes for the dishes above during the week! Stay tuned :)

cooking, dessert, Food, lemon, and more:

:: A Plethora Of Pears and Some Weekend Cooking! + lifestyle