We Love Cooking! + TIME

:: MUSHROOM SOUP!

Well Hello! I woke up this morning in high spirit's and ready to take on the day, but it dawned on me that this most probably wouldn't last unless I kept myself well fed. So with that in mind, I decided to make a very tasty soup, and it is that very tasty soup that I am sharing with you today!

I think for some people, mushrooms are like marmite, you either love them or hate them. The lovely Sofie claims she doesn't like them because of the texture, a dislike she seems to share with many. For those people, please don't turn your nose up because this soup is has dark, deep and salty quality to eat and you won't be left disappointed!

MUSHROOM SOUP

  1. 2 Red Onions chopped into chunks
  2. 600ml of Veg Stock
  3. 4oz of Button Mushrooms
  4. 1 tbsp of Dried Oregano
  5. 1 tbsp of oyster sauce (or soya sauce)
  6. 1 tbsp of flour
  7. 2 tbsp of milk
I made this, this morning and it took me 5 Min's of work, the whole cooking time is about 45mins but mostly your just checking on it and your definitely left with time to brush your teeth!

Add the red onion and about 1 tbsp of vegetable stock to a large pot and sweat for ten mins on a medium heat till the onion is soft.

Add the mushrooms, oregano, and 2tbsp of veg stock to the pot and sweat for another 10 mins.

Add the remaining stock and simmer for about 15 mins.

Reduce the heat and then add the flour to thicken, and the milk to make smooth and creamy.

I blend the soup but you can serve as is!

ENJOY!

life, onion, soup, and more:

:: MUSHROOM SOUP! + TIME