We Love Cooking! + rum

:: MOHITO LIME AND MINT CHICKEN!

Unfortunately thanks to my hangover a few weeks ago, after one or two many Mohito's, it was not a pleasant experience pouring the rum into this recipe at 8am yesterday. Why was I pouring rum, bleary eyed, into a zip lock bag in the early hours of the morning? Well I came up with an ingenious idea to marinade the chicken in the mix for this recipe, while I was at work, so the flavors would permeate through the breasts.

I'm glad I did, because this dish was packed with really tasty flavors. I served the breasts with couscous, but it would also go really nicely with a crisp green salad. Sofie told me the chicken was like heaven in her mouth, and if that doesn't sell it to you I don't know what will!

Lime and Mint Mohito Chicken

  1. 4 Free-range Chicken Breasts.
  2. A small handful of Fresh Mint.
  3. 2 Limes Quartered.
  4. Juice of 2 Limes.
  5. A glug of Rum (About 1/4 of a cup).
  6. 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil.
  7. 1 Clove of Garlic.
  8. A generous pinch of Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper.
Chop the mint and garlic finely and place in a large zip lock bag. Add to the bag, the rum and lime juice. I butterfly the chicken breasts so they cook quicker and the garlic doesn't burn. To do this, place one hand on the breast and with the other slice through the thickest part leaving, making sure the breast is attached on one side. Put the chicken in the bag and seal. Squidge the chicken around in the bag and make sure the breasts are covered in the mint and garlic. Leave in the fridge preferably overnight, or you can make in the morning and leave for the day.

To cook the chicken, heat a pan over a high heat and fry the breasts for about 3 minutes on either side. Tumble in the lime quarters after you turn the chicken and allow to caramelize. Serve straight away with a final squeeze of juice from the lime quarters.

chicken, garlic, herbs, lime, main meal, mint, and more:

:: MOHITO LIME AND MINT CHICKEN! + rum